Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dinner & Reconnections

Tonight, Geof and I met up with someone who used to be one of my best friends. Somewhere along the way we lost touch and thanks to the power of technology (Facebook, texts), we got connected again. We hadn’t spoken since about a year before my wedding and both missed each other a ton. When we saw each other tonight, we hugged for the longest time and I even got a little emotional. Isn’t it amazing how when you haven’t seen someone in a long time that you have history with, you can just pick up right where you left off? I felt bad for Geof, because we could have chatted for hours! It was wonderful. We made a promise never to let anything separate us again because life is just too short.

Iron Hill Brewery

Okay, enough of the sappy stuff. For dinner, we went to Iron Hill Brewery, which I love. They have a wonderful menu and delicious brew. I was bummed because their pumpkin beer isn’t in season yet (which makes no sense), but ended up with the good old Light Lager. The three of us split some cheesesteak eggrolls and nachos. For dinner I had Belgian Meatballs with Yukon gold potatoes and beer braised red cabbage. As if that wasn’t already enough, we split crème brulee and old fashioned oatmeal cake. We hardly touched the desserts. It was pure gluttony.

Barb and I. We both came right from work!

It was a fantastic night and I left feeling so happy. Because I don’t have any siblings, my friends are my family. I feel like I just got back a sister and it feels so good.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great time and reconnected with your friend! :-)

p.s.come by for your award!

MCW said...

I just reconnected with an old friend from high school this weekend when I was in NH this weekend. We were literally inseparable my senior year in high school...then college happened. Turns out she is one of the friends that you can just easily go back too! Isn't it so fun...

Anonymous said...

how awesome! I love when you can pick up where you left off :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

what a great night! so wonderful to get reconnected and i LOVE those great friends where you can see them after too long and it's as if no time has passed! I've been talking all week about maybe joining FB for this reason and you're making me think about it even more girl, I know I'm so behind=)!

Danielle Moss said...

I do have my sisters, but have some great friends that are also like family. That's so important!

Your comment on my blog was so sweet. Do you have any flying tips?

Those uggs are AMAZING. Look for sales. I got them $40 off at Nordstrom but have since seen them 20% off.

And of course I'd love to meet you someday, too :)

The Queen of Clearance said...

that is so nice! My friends that I no longer talk to....are that way for a reason :) Im glad you could reconnect! The food sounds yummy...or at least filling :)

Katie said...

aww yay! I know exactly how you feel, one of my dear friends and I have recently started talking again after a 4 year hiatus.

Melissa said...

I'm glad you got to reconnect with your friend! It's hard when you loose touch, but so great to find each other again! What did we all do before Facebook?

CIP said...

My parents love Iron Hill Brewery! It's a wonder I've never seen you in person because we live around each other/go to the same places.

Anonymous said...

yay!! So glad you got to reconnect with your friends! Love the pictures, it looks like you all had so much fun! Hope your having a great week!! = )

Whitney said...

So fun! It's great to be able to reconnect with old friends!

Hailey HRH said...

yea for old friends! what a great story. dont you just love fb for that reason? its great!

Poolside with the Girls said...

Is'nt facebook great???

Nat said...

That's great- isn't technology awesome!!
I LOVE Iron Hill!!

Bonnie said...

Isn't it cool how many people you can reach now through Facebook & Myspace! I've gotten in touch with people I haven't talked to in 15+ years!

Tasha said...

Glad you reconnected with your friend! I totally agree that true friends can pick up where they left off and never have a moment of weirdness. Girlfriends are just the best! Facebook is such a great way to keep in touch and reconnect. Love it! That brewery looks like such a fun place to hang out!

Megan said...

I'm so happy that you could reconnect with your friend! That's wonderful!

Lis said...

Oh sweetie that is so wonderful!! I'm so excited for you! I love reconnecting with old friends - esp those who you begin to wonder why you lost touch with in the first place!!

I hope you have a great Friday!!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

I left you a little something on my blog! I hope you play along!
Enjoy your weekend!

Beth Dunn said...

I don't have any siblings either so I know the importance of friendship. I'm so happy for you. FB is wonderful that way! xoxo

SC

Gwen said...

I'm so happy for you and your friend. I lost touch with the friend that introduced me to Brian. Due to a bad marriage and a controlling husband she had no contact with her previous life. A few months after her divorce we were back together again!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment :) And it sounds like you had fun! That's the best when you reconnect with an old friend. And you looked so pretty!

d.a.r. said...

So fun!!! I love reconnecting with old friends :)

Luna said...

i recently reconnected with old friends too. facebook is a big help with that.

Jill said...

That's the best thing about facebook. I've reconnected with some old friends too. It's fun.

Glad y'all had a good time!

~M~ said...

YAY!