- 1 sample each of the Limited Edition boxes of General Mills Big G cereal that includes Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Honey Nut Cheerios, Trix and Lucky Charms
- 1 Retro-designed T-shirt
- 1 $10 Target Gift Card
- One Grand Prize winner will be selected at the end of the week to win an Atari Game Console with a variety of built-in retro games.
That’s a total of 6 prizes!
Target stores nationwide will carry five limited-edition General Mills cereal boxes featuring fun “Retro” package designs and premium offers from the 60’s and 80’s. Some of you might remember the boxes from when you were a child. General Mills sent me a prize pack and I definitely remembered the original Honey Nut Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch boxes.
Honey Nut Cheerios came out in 1989. I was 10, going on 11 and remember this being a popular cereal in our home. That is also the year that the first Batman movie came out, a gallon of gas was around 97 cents and Barbie turned 30 years old.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch came out in 1985 and I would have been 6, going on 7. This kind of cereal would have been considered a treat in my house, as we mainly had Cheerios. In 1985, the original “We Are The World” was recorded, Ronald Regan took his oath for a second term as the 40th President of the United States and Super Mario Brothers was introduced.
I also remember Atari very well. This was the first game console in my house and I think my Dad loved it more than me. I’ll never forget playing Pac-Man and Pole Position. Those were the true original video games in my opinion!
Target was a growing chain in the 80’s and now it is a household name. In 1989, the retailer expanded into the Southeastern United States and had a total of 399 stores at the time, with $7.51 billion in sales. Imagine what that number must be now. Target is and will probably always be one of my favorite places to shop. I’m also highly impressed with their expansion of grocery offerings. There is almost no need to head to the supermarket any longer.
To enter the giveaway:
1. Mandatory. Please leave a comment telling me your favorite General Mills cereal as a child – 1 entry
2. If you’re already a follower or become a follower that gets you another entry – 1 entry
3. Twitter about this giveaway @ChicnPink for another entry – 1 entry
4. Post about this on your blog for another two entries – 2 entries
That is a total of 5 possible entries and remember that there are also 5 prize packs and 1 Atari prize to be won!
This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. only and will be open until 11:59pm on Thursday, February 25th. Giveaway winners will be announced on Friday, February 26th. Please contact me at my email address on the sidebar of my blog if you're a winner.