Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend recap

Friday, Geof and I both got let out of work early. I went to get a mani and then we headed right for the movies to see The Hangover 2. This place becomes a ghost town on the weekend during the summer months, especially on holiday weekends when everyone heads to the shore. We were able to get to the theater in no time, which is always nice. The sequel was funny, but nowhere near as good as the first one. I did like it though and it’s tough to compare them since the first one is one of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen. Zach Galifianakis had me laughing out load at many points and I also didn’t mind staring at Bradley Cooper for 2 hours. It would have been nice to incorporate Doug into the shenanigans this time around.


Essie Borrowed & Blue


The Hangover Part II

After the movie, we headed to Uno for some pizza and then home to get ready to go out for the night. Our friend Dan came over to meet up with us and we went to The Deck for the night. The weather was perfect for being outside on the river and I had a good time with the guys. I also bumped into some people I haven’t seen in awhile, which is always nice.

Saturday, we relaxed around the house most of the day and went out to Media in the evening for a date night. We had another gorgeous evening and it was nice to stroll around town. We settled on dinner at Fellini and it was absolutely delicious. There is nothing like authentic Italian food and it’s B.Y.O.B.


Beautiful sunset


Mozzarella Sticks wrapped in spring roll wrappers


Fellini

Sunday, we went to the pool and it was glorious! It felt like forever since I spent time in the cool water and basked in the sun. This past winter was too long, so I’m more than happy to see that summer is almost here. We got to catch up with our friends from the pool and made it a great day.


Getting ready to head to the pool!


View from my lounge chair at the pool...it looks like the clouds are forming a heart

We got home from the pool and my mom came over to visit. Geof made us bleu cheese stuffed burgers and I made s’mores for dessert. So good. We caught up on So You Think You Can Dance on the DVR and had a relaxing night in.

Monday was pretty laid back. We ran some errands, went to Old Navy (I got some great workout pants thanks to a coupon from sweet Kathie), Bed, Bath & Beyond and then to Chik-Fil-A for lunch. I’m super excited about the zero gravity chairs we got from Bed, Bath & Beyond. I’ll be lounging in one all summer long at the pool.

Once we got home, I ended up organizing and going through some more things to get rid of. We have been on such a mission lately getting the house together and it feels good. In the evening we watched the remaining episodes of Modern Family and Cougar Town on the DVR.

I hope you all had a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend too!

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!!

20 comments:

Melissa said...

We saw Hangover 2 this weekend as well and I agree that it wasn't nearly as funny. I still laughed, but I feel it was basically the same movie in a different place. I'm telling people to rent it. Jeff really wanted to see it, which is why we went.

Love the nail polish color! I got a mani/pedi this weekend too, but went with pink :)

Anonymous said...

sooo agree with hangover 2! i was less than amused by it :( but bradley cooper can make me smile anytime :-) glad you had a great weekend!

MCW said...

You guys look so cute in your shades! Have you seen Bridesmaids? So funny. Want to see Hangover 2...

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I LOVE that blue polish! I may have to be on the lookout for that...I've been trying to find a good non-pink summer color.

Jessica said...

Bradley Cooper was looking good in the Hangover 2. Zach Galifianakis is hilarious, I love his delivery of his lines. Sometimes I would laugh and I would be the only one laughing and the theater was pretty full. I agree with you and would have loved to see Doug incorporated more in this movie. It was funny but not as funny as the first one especially since it was basically the same movie as the first one just set in Thailand.

I think that nail polished should be packaged with Something Borrowed and Something Blue.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Sounds like a pretty good weekend! I love that nail polish color - so pretty! And the views of the sky are gorgeous as well. Glad you enjoyed your weekend and we able to relax!

P.S. why aren't we friends on instagram?! I'm jointhegossip_leeann
I know you can add through fb and twitter, I can add you too :)

Donna said...

I love that nail polish colour...So cute and summery!

I really want see the Hangover 2, I think Zach Galifianakis is hilarious! I'll probably wait for the DVD though, I've not heard too much good stuff about it.

Sounds like you had a pretty great weekend all in all =)

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Sounds like a perfect holiday weekend! I also saw Hangover 2, but I think I'm in the minority because I loved it!!

Kathie said...

I love that color of Essie! Is it sheer at all?

How funny, I got my pants from ON on Monday as well :-)

Jill said...

I have that exact polish in my cabinet and I keep thinking...should I? should I? I also saw Hangover 2 and thought the exact same thing. Nice to have a good laugh {and some popcorn!} though.

Anonymous said...

LOVED the Hangover 2 (you know how I feel about my Bradley Cooper). However, I saw Bridesmaids too and laughed a lot more!

Unknown said...

I am SO sick of cheeseburgers (having eaten 3 over the holiday weekend) but my mouth just watered a bit when you said blue cheese stuffed burgers OMG..sounds delic.
So excited to see Hangover...although I have such high expectations, I am afraid it will disappoint. Oh well.
Glad you had a nice holiday weekend..sheer insanity here at the Jersey Shore....its like an invasion once Memorial Day hits.
C

Gwen said...

Brian & I are going to find a way to sneak out and see Hangover 2.

I love your polish!!! I'm wearing an Essie green right now but I think this blue is next on my list from them.

Mozzarella in spring roll wraps sounds so freaking awesome!!!

So glad you had a great weekend my friend!!!

Alyson said...

Totally agree re: Hangover 2. Funny but not AS funny. Almost like they were trying too hard. Need a new angle because those guys are funny.
Adore your nail polish, and REALLY want one of those mozz sticks wrapped in egg roll wrappers. YUM!
alyson -- www.theaveragegirlsguide.com

PS: glad you had a nice weekend!

Dana said...

I can not wait to see the Hangover II. I love the nail polish.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Beautiful sunset picture! And yes, staring at Bradley Cooper is not hard to do! ;)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I totally wan to get a pedi with that darling polish!

Jessica said...

this sounds fabulous! Good to know you liked the Hangover II. I am going to get around to seeing it at some point I know, I loved the first one!

And hey! I was in a pastel place too, I just painted my toes mint green. They look like Easter eggs, I love it!

erica said...

loving that nail polish shade. I am currently in love with nude polishes.

xo

MaviDeniz said...

im probably the only person in america that hasn't seen the hangover 2 yet >.< you guys are cute and i love your nail color