Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend recap - movie filled weekend!

Friday, Geof and I stayed in since I had work to do on and off most of the weekend. We ordered a pizza and watched a movie called The Hills Run Red. It was a horror flick that was surprisingly good and not what I was expecting at all.


Saturday, we had ice skating and then ran to Wal-Mart to pickup the Gazelle that Geof ordered. I’m interested to see if it works. We needed something that didn’t take up a lot of space to keep in his “man cave” and decided on that. Saturday night, we saw Paranormal Activity. I thought that I was going to hate it because I didn’t like The Blair Witch Project. It turns out that I loved it, even though it was very disturbing. I think I’m going to be freaked out for awhile now because of it.

Sunday, Geof agreed to go see New Moon with me (he’s the best). The movie was great and so much better than Twilight. Neither movie can hold a candle to the books, but it is still so much fun to see it on the big screen and see how what I pictured in my head while reading the books translates to the movie.

After the movie we ran to Macy’s to get him some work clothes and then made a quick stop at Target. Once we got home, I made dinner, while he put the Gazelle together. We watched football and some of the AMA’s and called it a night.

16 comments:

Gwen said...

UGH!!! I want to go see Paranormal Activity so badly but the one person that agreed to go see it with me is out of commission for a while. I might have to go alone. GASP!!! So glad you had a wonderful weekend!!! XOXO

Unknown said...

Looks like a movie weekend! Glad y'all had fun!

Anonymous said...

I've never even heard of The Hills Run Red, I'll have to watch it! I want to see Paranormal Activity..I know it'll freak me out though!

MCW said...

I cannot believe you watch scary movies! Glad to hear New Moon is better...was disappointed in Twilight the movie!

Luna said...

i have been wanting to see Paranormal Activity. hopefully i can see it soon.

Blackeyed Susan said...

I love horror movies! I've never heard of the Hills Run Red, I will look for it now!

Katie said...

I can't do scary movies, I have nightmares haha

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

What a great relaxing weekend! I'm glad you got to see New Moon! I think I am the only person not interested in the Twilight series. I wondered about Paranormal Activity, I think it may be a little too freaky for me.

I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgivng!!

Melissa said...

I am soooo not a horror movie person but I heard Paranormal Activity is great for people who enjoy those kinds of movies!

I'm debating if I want to see New Moon or not. I enjoyed the books, but this one was my least fav. and I don't know if I want to deal with all the little girls at the movie theater freaking out! I've heard from everyone that it's better than Twilight. I might just rent it, we'll see!

Whitney said...

You had quite the scary movie weekend! Ha!
That Hills movie cover alone makes me scared - I can't imagine the whole movie! ha!

Kenya said...

We saw Paranormal Actvity too and I agree that it was more disturbing than scary.

I saw New Moon with my hubby who came with me too and we both loved it. Much better than Twilight, can't wait for Eclipse!

mrs.mfc said...

I tagged you on my blog today!!

http://mrsmfc.blogspot.com/

Annie said...

sounds like a great relaxing weekend!! i love those! :)

p.s. i hope you have a great thanksgiving hun!!

The Pink Chick said...

I just started reading the Twilight series. I am finished with book one and on to book two. I can't wait to see the movies!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I can't believe the amount of hubs that have seen New Moon. There are some good men out there!

Kassie said...

I am SO not a scary movie person. I freak out and hyperventilate and all other sorts of embarrasing things. :) So i've learned to avoid them!! lol. Looks like a fun weekend!!