Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekend recap

Friday, my mom and I braved the King of Prussia Mall for Black Friday. We headed up there in the early afternoon hours and missed some of the early-bird madness. The mall was still very crowded. Police were directing traffic and there were even lines for the ladies room. Overall, it was a fun trip. People were in good spirits and deals were popping up all over. I purchased a few Christmas gifts and even got some things for myself. We shopped over 4 hours and were beat. After shopping, we went to Charlie Brown’s for dinner and just got the salad bar and dessert.


Some things from Old Navy, Ann Taylor Loft, Sephora and a bracelet from Express


Love this grey sweater from Ann Taylor Loft. It is nice and long and will be great with skinny jeans. Headband and some jewelry from ATL and Old Navy.

I don’t know how I had the energy, but Friday night Jess came over and we went to the Clifton Inn and met up with some of our friends. I had never been there, but it was a total dive bar that had cheap drinks, a pool table and a jukebox. I got to catch up with my friends Tim, Dan and Steven. We had a nice time and ended up getting a late night bite at Denny’s.

Saturday, I had ice skating and then came home, cleaned a bit and relaxed. I got sucked into watching Honeymoon with Mom on Lifetime and it was cheesy, but good. My mom came over to keep me company since Geof is traveling.



Sunday, I had a much needed lazy day. I slept in late and got sucked into 2 more Lifetime movies. I watched, I Me Wed and I Do (but I Don’t). They were both cute and perfect for watching on a relaxing day. My mom came over again and I made us an easy dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup. For dessert, I finally made the soda cake that I had wanted to try for months. I used strawberry cake mix and Sprite Zero. I also made a low calorie frosting for the cake, but really I could have just used whipped cream. It tasted better than I expected, and I don’t know if I’ll make a normal cake ever again.



Cake fresh from the oven

Frosted! Next time I'll add some more Confectioners Sugar, since the icing was a little thin.

I hope everyone had a nice, long weekend!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

that cake looks delicious! i'm jealous of your shopping at king of prussia!

Jill said...

Sounds like a productive and relaxing weekend. Great Black Friday finds. I love the sweater and headband. Lifetime movies are the best for lazy days. Your cake look delicious!

c said...

there's nothing quite like nights a dive bars and denny's with friends :)

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love the sweater and the gift set from Sephora. I went to Sephora over the weekend and found NOTHING! Mostly b/c the Sephora I was in doesn't carry NARS..ugh! I love the little headband too, super cute!

Melissa said...

All the stuff you got is very cute! I'm glad you had a great weekend and your mom kept you company while Geoff traveled! I hate when my Jeff is gone on business trips!

I'm intrigued by the cake! Looks good!

Anonymous said...

the cake looks and sounds good! :-)

Gwen said...

I'm glad you got some great things shopping on Friday. All I bought were pajamas. :)

I love that long gray sweater!!! So cute...you must post a picture when you finally wear it.

How wonderful that you got a lazy day. I need one badly after our busy weekend.

I think your cake looks fabulous!!!

XOXO

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Haha. I love Lifetime movie weekends! They're so cheesy, it's awesome! Looks like you had some good Black Friday finds! I couldn't believe the sales at Old Navy....I scored some good deals myself!

That cake looks good....I love me some strawberry! I'm curious as to what the pop does to the cake though....interesting.

Lacey said...

It looks like you did good on Black Friday! That cake looks delicious...now I'm craving strawberry cake! Hope you have a great week!!

Lindsey said...

Love the cake, looks yummy! And it looks like you found some great finds at the mall!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Ooohh braving KOP on Black Friday! You're good! I bet parking was a nightmare!

We did the Lancaster outlets and got some smashing deals ;)

Beth Dunn said...

So happy you had a nice weekend. Wow you are brave for going to the mall. My husband said it was mobbed. We went over to JM at spread eagle village-that was enough for me. xoxo

SC

Annie said...

sounds like you had such a great weekend hun!! love the shopping loot ;) looks like you got some great deals.
the cake looks devine! i'll take a slice.

Unknown said...

I love the mall at King of Prussia...the last time I was there was in the summer of 2008. We stopped to shop while on the road to visit my sister! Ha ha ha!

Looks like you scored some great finds on Black Friday & that cake looks delish!

MCW said...

I have that sweater in brown! Be careful...the sides ball easily!

Tatiana said...

That sounds like a relaxing and fun weekend! And you got such cute things! Oh, and that cake looks yummy!

Lis said...

Great finds!! You will have to update us on that Sephora set - it looks super fun! I love all of the other goodies you got too!

And yum-o for the cake! I could actually go for some of that right now!! lol! :)

I'm glad you had a great weekend!!

Christa said...

Nothing is better than watching Lifetime movies and eating grilled cheese and tomato soup!! Sounds like a perfect day!! That cake looks yummy!!

Megan said...

I drove by the King of Prussia mall this weekend! Sadly, there was no shopping for us!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Sounds like you scored big time lady! And that cake looks most delish.

Seashells&Sunshine said...

Looks like you go some good black friday deals!! :)

Brittany Ann said...

Glad you didn't get trampled at Old Navy either;)

Leah said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend! I love those cheesy Lifetime movies and the cake looks delicious! I need to try it!

Katie said...

love the sweaters!

Angela said...

looked like you had a wonderful weekend. i ate like a pig.

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Wow, you got some great things on your Black Friday expedition. I love love love that grey sweater! I am so into long sweaters lately since I've gotten some skinny pants. I will not wear them without a long sweater!

I have been recording Lifetime movies like crazy on the DVR. I love them, too, especially the crazy Christmas ones!

That strawberry cake looks amazing. I love cake in general, but strawberry is my absolute favorite. I'm going to have to try to make that!

I'm sorry I've been MIA lately, still trying to catch up on blogs from when I was not feeling well.

Hope you're having a great week!

Tasha said...

I love your selections from black Friday shopping! That cake looks delicious! Grilled cheese and tomato soup is one of my favorite winter meals. :-)

Nat said...

I love K of P mall! You're cake looks delicious!

beckylbranch said...

ooh that cake looks good! You got some goodies on black Friday! We went shopping too, but later in the day and everything I wanted from the sale ads was GONE! Those Lifetime movies DO suck you in....I could sit around all day and just eat ice cream and watch Lifetime..ahhhh...the life!

Luna said...

that cake looks really good.