Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend recap

On Friday after work I stopped by Macy’s because I had some gift certificates that I needed to use before they expired. I found a cute pair of Michael Kors patent leather flats in fuchsia that were on clearance and got some goodies at Clinique (since it is bonus time). They had this new Redness Solutions Mineral Powder and I thought it worked pretty well, so I got that and a refill of the Bamboo Pink Long Last Glosswear that I love so much. That entitled me to my free bonus gift.



Friday night when I got home, our friend Cory came over and he, hubby and I went to the carnival that was being held in the next town over. I love this time of year! The flowers are in bloom, the birds are chirping and it’s great to get outdoors and do things like that. The strangest thing happened at the carnival though. Hubby and I went on The Gravitron and this older man (he must have been 60) came in and did a handstand as the ride started going. He was upside down the whole time. I could not stop laughing. We went on some more rides, ate some carnival food and headed home. My friend Kelly was out and about so Cory and I met up with her and her friends at Barnaby’s. I swear that place is like our Cheers. Some of Cory’s friends came up too and we had a nice time.


Creepy man that was upside down!

On Saturday, I taught my last skating class of the season. We had a great year and I’m already looking forward to going back in October. Skating wipes me out, so I came home and took a nap. Our friend Jessica came over and her, hubby and I went to get something to eat and then went for a treat at Rita’s. We came back to the house and Cory came over and we had a Rock Band marathon in the basement. It was a lot of fun! I think I may be working my way up to playing guitar on medium.

On Sunday, I had a hair appointment and went to get highlights and a cut. My stylist is an old friend and she really gives me a great deal. I appreciate that so much and really need to get into the salon more often. When I got back from my hair appointment, hubby and I had dinner reservations at Chima in the city. This restaurant is fantastic. If you’ve never heard of it, it’s a Brazilian steakhouse where they serve you at least 10 different kinds of meat, poultry and seafood from Gaucho servers. They have a great salad bar, good drinks and an overall nice atmosphere. My favorite foods of the night were the filet mignon wrapped in bacon and the chicken. The mashed potato and polenta side dishes were delicious also.


Us at Chima

After dinner we stopped by to see my mom and then went home and relaxed. Our friend Jessica came back over and we had some girl time and sat on the couch and watched some television. It was a beautiful weekend in the weather department and had an overall great time.

17 comments:

MissKarenAshley said...

Those shoes are adorable. Sooo cute.


Miss K
www.simplylovelyideas.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Sounds like a great weekend.
Hubby wants me to learn to play the guitar on Rock Band since I failed miserably on the drums!

The Pink Chick said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Love the pic! Your hair is so pretty!

yours truly... said...

Looooove those sassy shoes!! And Brazilian steakhouses are THE BEST!! yummy, that sounds so good right now! ;)

Anonymous said...

Pay day is friday and I'm pretty sure I MUST buy those shoes :)

That gravity ride is my favorite ride at the carnival. I always have to go upside down. Crazy this old man was doing it with such ease. Go him.

Have a wonderful week!

Danielle Moss said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. Cute shoes, and your hair looks great!

Gwen said...

Oh I love me some Clinique!!! And I LOVE THE HIGHLIGHTS!!! You look fabulous!!! XOXO

Hopsy said...

I love your new MK flats and your hair looks great!

Lis said...

Loving the shoes and I am totally going to check out that lipgloss!!

Sounds like such a good weekend, I love the carnival too!! What a crazy dude to get on that thing upside down!!

Your hair looks so good!!!

PinkSass said...

Love thoses shoes. I think if I went on the gravitron now I would puke. hahahaha!

Lindsey said...

Love your finds, they are all great, especially the shoes!

ParisPink said...

Those flats are adorable! What a find!

Beth Dunn said...

Great shoes! xoxo

Tasha said...

Love those shoes! Carnivals are so much fun! I haven't been to one in forever and you just made me want to go! Your hair looks so good with the new highlights!!!

Jill said...

Gotta love a productive weekend. The shoes are SO cute!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

sounds like a great weekend! cute shoes and great purchases! love the new do, you look great!

AndreaLeigh said...

cute cute shoes! do you like hte redness powder? I use laura gellers balance and brighten and it helps tone down the red for me.

what a strange man!