Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend recap

There isn’t too much to report from this past weekend, since I ended up working most of the time. Nothing like another 60 hour week to make me feel good (hopefully you sense the sarcasm here).

Friday – work, work, work
Saturday – skating, Bed, Bath & Beyond, got a pink Snuggie, Subway run, work and watched the U.S. National Figure Skating Championships
Sunday – slept in late, work, watched football, work



I’m happy to report that Mirai Nagasu and Rachael Flatt have earned a spot and will be representing the ladies at the 2010 Winter Olympics and that my favorite ice dance pair, Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto won the silver and are also be headed to the Vancouver Winter Games next month. They skate so beautifully together and actually train about a half hour from where I live. I love watching all of the figure skating events during the Winter Games. What is your favorite sport to watch during the Olympics?


Mirai Nagasu won the silver and Rachael Flatt with the gold


Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto won the silver at the 2010 Nationals

17 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so sorry you had to work 60 hours last week. That's a LONG week! Love the pink snuggie!

Katie said...

Josh and I were watching Ice Skating last night!! And congrats on the pink snuggie! :)

Bethany said...

Loving the pink snuggie!

Poolside with the Girls said...

LOVE Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto.

Can't wait to see them in the Olympics. Skating is my favorite.

Melissa said...

I wached the figure skating Nationals too! It's def. my fav Olympic sport! I was hoping Sasha Cohen would make her comeback, but she can never put 2 clean programs together, so I wasn't shocked that she fell. I think the two girls going to the Olympics were awesome and deserve to go! They were great!

Love Belbin and Agosto! I hope they win gold this time!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

60 hours? Girl I am so sorry! You need to take a personal day and go to the spa! My husband has been working major over time lately and I think it's harder on me than him. I miss seeing him and talking to him! Last week he worked 81 hours and this week will probably be just as much.
LOVIN' the new snuggie! I wish I had pink, mine is an ugly blue!
Have a great day missy!
xoxoxo,
Blair

BroncoMom said...

Its hard to pick just one favorite sport during the Olympics. All of the are so interesting to watch. Ok, the skating is great,bob sledding pretty good. How about snow boarding and skiing?

Brittany Ann said...

Oh hun! Not another 60-hour week! That stinks! I'm sorry!

Gwen said...

You joined the Snuggie Mafia!!! Go Jules!!! Sorry work is sucking so bad lately. Hopefully things will slow down soon. And...Ellie watched some of the figure skating this weekend. Now watch, she'll want to skate soon too. :) XOXO

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

One of these days I'm going to hop on the Snuggie bandwagon! Love it in pink!

I am more of a summer olympics girl, but I do love me some Figure Skating!

Nat said...

Yay pink snuggie!! Boo to 60 hour work weeks, here's to hoping this one is better!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wow, it's been forever since I watched figure skating. I stopped with Michelle. I should get into it again!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

What a long work week! Hope this one's better. Yay for a pink snuggie. I have a blue one and I absolutely love it! Figure skating is my favorite winter Olympic sport as well and I'm very excited for the Olympics to start.

Mrs Anne said...

i love love loved watching skating. not sure if you knew, but i was a competitive figure skater all through high school and then a coach through college and after.

i still to this day LOVE to go skating. :)

the 10 yr old men's novice skater? so cute!

Kassie said...

I'm sorry you worked so much! I looove skating too (obvi), and I loved watching it. Sad Sacha Cohen didn't make it though! :)

Dana said...

I love my snuggie and ice skating. My got my snuggie for christmas and it is leopard print.

What Kate Wore said...

Wasn't that fun to watch? Hopefully this week hasn't been 60 hours, and you will be able to relax over the weekend without having to wind down from those kinds of hours!

And a pink snuggie -- you are too cute! Sending youa smile for the weekend,
tp