Friday, May 14, 2010

I’d like to thank the Academy...

It’s that time again. Time for me to catch up on awards that have been so graciously passed along to me. This is going to be one giant post and you may learn more about me than you ever wanted to know, or skip this post altogether (I wouldn’t blame you).

The always adorable BLC from The Company She Keeps gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award and the lovely Ashley from Sweet Southern Prep gave me the Versatile Blogger Award. I grouped these two together since the rules are the same:



Rules:
1. Say 7 interesting things about yourself
2. Pass it on to 7 more bloggers

7 Interesting Things:
1. I’m a lefty when it comes to writing, but play most sports, eat, cut, etc. with my right hand.
2. I’m an only child, but I have a huge family because of my mom’s siblings. We also have three sets of twins in the family and one set of triplets. My aunt and uncle have more than a full house every holiday.
3. I could be part fish, because I love being in the water or by the water. I don’t care if it’s the ocean, pool or lake. I think this has to do with the fact that I’m a summer baby (Cancer to be exact).
4. I used to think I’d live in PA forever, but lately I’ve been feeling like I could get out of here. Ideally I’d love to live in the South or in California (just a little afraid of Earthquakes).
5. I may or may not have originally wanted a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel because Charlotte from Sex in the City had one. Later, I read about the breed and Geof and I realized these were the perfect pets for us.
6. This August I will have had my car for 11 years. I’m still on the fence if this is something to be proud of or depressed about…ha!
7. My dream would be to own my own business that is super girly. Something along the lines of a cupcake shop or boutique.

I will pass both of these awards onto the following bloggers:
1. Join The Gossip
2. Just A Happy Housewife
3. Vynuss Vision
4. The Pink Chick
5. BonBon Rose
6. The Juice is worth the squeeze
7. living well

I was also given the Honest Scrap Award by my sweet friend Vy at Vynuss Vision. This is one that I have actually done before, so if you’re interested in reading it, you can do that here.



Next up is the Master of Karate and Friendship Award from Trish at Pink Preppy Lilly Lover. She is so wonderful and I look forward to our double date next weekend! This award also cracks me up, because it’s from the show It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (which is absolutely hysterical).



Rules
1. List 6 things you are the master in.
2. Pass it on to 6 bloggers you think are masters at friendship, and make blogging so awesome.

6 Things I am the master in:
1. Ice skating. I took lessons for many years and then started coaching in my late teens. I still teach lessons during the winter months and I love every minute of it.
2. Fun. Ask my friends. I try to be the life of the party and ensure that everyone is having a good time. Seeing my friends smile makes me smile.
3. Talking. I just asked Geof what I’m the master at and this was his response. No comment.
4. Dancing. I’ve been known to shake my tail feather a time or two. Seriously though. I took dance up until I started skating and was on dance team in high school while I was skating. It has always been a passion of mine.
5. Baking. When I have the time, I love to bake and try new recipes. The past year or so, I’ve gotten more into cooking. It must have something to do with me getting married or something ;)
6. Blogging. I love this blog and the friendships and fun things of learned from reading other peoples blogs.

I now pass this onto:
1. Handbag Obsessed
2. Biology Gal
3. Beach Bum & Baby
4. ETMC
5. The Non-Review
6. Classy in Philadelphia

I was also given the “Every Blog Needs A Little Bling” award from Kathie at Just a Happy Housewife. Please pay her a visit if you haven’t already. She is always mixing it up and it one of the nicest bloggers I know.



Last, but not least, I was awarded the I Love Your Blog Award from Brittany Ann at Living in the Moment. This is an honor coming from her. She can make you laugh, make you cry and above all write. She is not only super nice, but also very intelligent and she knows her stuff.



Rules:
1. List 10 Things I Love (I obviously love Geof, friends, family, dogs…I’m listing some random things for fun).
2. Pass it onto 10 other blogs I love

10 Things I Love:
1. Diet coke – this is my coffee. I’ll take any diet beverage.
2. A good handbag – Coach, Louis Vuitton, Kate Spade. They’re my favorites.
3. Chapstick – I couldn’t live without the stuff and probably put it on at least 5 times a day.
4. Gossip/Fashion Magazines – they’re so fun to flip through on a lazy afternoon.
5. Hoodies and sweatpants – I love coming home after a long day and getting into comfy clothes.
6. Music – certain songs bring back memories or spark a certain emotion. I couldn’t live without good music.
7. Lipgloss – Dior, Chanel, Clinique. A swipe of any of those 3 will bring a smile to my face.
8. Reality TV – The Bachelor, Real Housewives of Orange County, The Apprentice, Keeping Up with the Kardashian’s…love them all.
9. Pizza – probably the one food I’ll never get tired of.
10. Flip Flops – The best feeling is when you know that spring is here for good and you can break out the flippers.

I now pass this onto the following bloggers:
1. Peeptoe Pumps and Pearls
2. Sweet Tea Diaries
3. Social Climbers
4. Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle
5. Pink Preppy Lilly Lover
6. Nautical By Nature
7. My Chihuahua Bites!
8. Simplicity in Baltimore
9. The Adventures of Katie and Josh
10. Chapters of our Life

Wow…that was a lot to post and a lot of linking. If you made it all the way through this post, then you deserve some other sort of award! I hope that everyone has a great weekend!!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I love when you post on your awards ... you are so deserving!! Plus, I love seeing who is entertaining you, so I can blog stalk them! Ha ha!!
Have a great weekend!!

Danielle Moss said...

Congrats. You definitely deserve these :)

Anonymous said...

congrats Julesy! and thank you for passing along one to me :-)

TS Hendrik said...

Congratulations on the awards! And thank you for passing on what is one of the coolest looking ones I've seen. I love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I wish I was master of ice skating. I grew up in Canada, with everyone trying to teach me, but ice just doesn't like me.

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Congratulations on all of your well-deserved awards. :) I'm definitely wanting to be in the water right now too. That would be so nice and refreshing!

prince snow farm said...

Loved reading your answers...perhaps you could teach me to swim sometime :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw thanks so much for giving me an award! I can see why you get so many of them, because you're super amazing =D I love learning more about you!

It's funny you mention earthquakes because we had one last night. I had been drinking so I thought maybe I'd imagined it haha! You get used to them though. They don't even phase me at all since they happen fairly frequently and usually don't cause any damage.

Oh and I am a righty but I do some things with my left hand. For example, I can only do sign language with my left hand, totally random!

I could totally see you owning a cupcake shop, interacting with all of the customers, knowing them by name. I think you have the perfect personality for that!

On your list of things you are a master in, I can't do 1/2 of them--ice skating, dancing, and baking haha!

The list of your loves--some pretty good items on there!

Hope you are having a great weekend, friend =D

Brittany said...

Holy awards girl!! Congrats on them all!

Brittany Ann said...

Thank you, my dear friend! Your compliments mean so much! Especially coming from such a great blogger like you! You deserve all the awards you can get!

Katie said...

yay!! Thank you!! I have one of these posts collecting dust that I need to put out there! haha

Brittany said...

Thanks so much for the award! I don't believe I have the one you gave me! I could have sworn I was following you? I'm not sure what happened? Either way, I'm a follower again!

Tasha said...

Congrats on the awards and thanks for passing one on to me! I'm still behind on my awards and I will get to it this week! :-) Happy weekend to you friend!

Amy said...

Wow look at you go with all of those awards. Congrats to you. Thanks for the kind words from Kathie's place. Nice to me you. Thanks for following my blog.

Have a great Sunday.

AndreaLeigh said...

Thank you for the blog love, girlie!

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Hi Jules! You are seriously amazing...I can barely get it together for one award! I really love learning more about you and enjoyed this post. I want you to move to CA!!! We could be real life friends then. Oooh, we could open a bakery together :)

Thank you for giving me the "I Love Your Blog" Award. It makes me happy when you think of me for awards!

I hope your Monday is going well and you are having a great week so far!

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

You deserve every one of those!!! :) Thanks for passing one on to little old me! Have a great day!!!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hey cutie pie, can't wait for our date either :) xox

Super congrats on your well deserved awards, you are seriously one of the most sincere people I know, so fun to read your answers. Also, thanks for the fun fact! I had no idea that Master of Karate award was from Always Sunny in Philadelphia! HAHA! I hope you get your dream job one day of having a girly boutique, you could name it Chic & Pink! :)

Jill said...

OMG, Jules! Thanks for the award. REALLY???? Why do we live so far apart? We have so much in common, diet coke, chap stick, pizza, purses, etc...

sanjeet said...

Congrats.
Adsense Alternative

Unknown said...

OMG...chap stick. What is it with women and chap stick? My gf is constantly applying that shit. ugh! I hate kissing her when it's applied. It's horrid.