This recipe was on Annie’s blog and it looked too delicious to pass up. I actually made this a week ago and it lived up to my expectations with plenty of leftovers to spare. Mine turned out more like a Stromboli rather than a roll, but it was still really good.
Bacon Cheeseburger Roll Up
1 pound lean ground beef
4 slices Bacon, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 pound VELVEETA, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 (13.8 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust
1. PPREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F. Cook ground beef, bacon and onions in large skillet on medium-high heat until ground beef is evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Drain; return meat mixture to skillet. Add VELVEETA; cook until completely melted, stirring frequently. Cool 10 min.
2. UNROLL pizza dough onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Press into 15x8-inch rectangle. Top evenly with meat mixture. Roll up dough, starting at one of the long sides. Rearrange, if necessary, so roll is seam-side down on baking sheet.
3. BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until golden brown. Cut diagonally into six slices to serve.
Diet soda cake
A few ladies asked me about the diet soda cake that I made over the weekend and here is the easy and delicious recipe for that:
1 box cake mix any flavor. I went with Pillsbury Strawberry Cake
1 can diet soda any flavor. For fruit flavored cakes it is always best to go with Diet Sprite or Diet Sierra Mist. Diet Coke/Pepsi or Diet Dr. Pepper work well for chocolate cakes and Diet Cream Soda works well for vanilla.
1. Empty cake mix into bowl
2. Pour in can of soda and mix well. Do not add any other ingredients.
3. Bake according to directions on box and viola, you’ve got a diet soda cake!
I’ve used a homemade splenda frosting in the past, but this time I used Pillsbury Reduced Sugar Frosting