I don’t know about you guys, but it has all of the sudden become freezing around these parts. What better way to warm up than with a bowl of delicious Lasagna Soup! I originally found the recipe on this blog and thought it would be perfect for a chilly night.
1/2 Lbs. Fafalle Pasta (cooked about 1/2 way)
1 Jar 26 oz. Garlic Onion Pasta Sauce
1 Lbs. Ground Beef (cooked)
2 C. Beef Broth
2 1/2 C. Water
1 Tbs. Oregano (dry)
1/2 Tbs. Salt
2 Tbs. Italian Seasoning
2 Tbs. Steak Seasoning
7 oz. Ricotta Cheese
1 Tbs. Parsley
1/2 Tsp. Pepper
1/4 C. Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook pasta 1/2 way
2. Brown ground beef
3. In a soup pot, add the ground beef, beef broth, pasta, pasta sauce, water and seasonings.
4. Cook over medium high heat for about 20 minutes.
5. While the soup cooks, in another bowl mix together the ricotta, parmesan, parsley, pepper and egg.
6. After the 20 minutes of the soup cooking stir in the ricotta mixture and cook for another 10 minutes, stir to combine the cheese mixture well.
7. Serve this soup along with salad or garlic bread (optional)
This was absolutely delicious and the leftovers were just as good.