I dvr'd Ellen today and watched it this evening because Melissa from The Bachelor was on and I was dying to hear what she had to say. Overall, she looks great and seems to be doing well.
After Melissa, this woman Kym Douglas came on and shared beauty secrets from her latest book "The Black Book of Hollywood Pregnancy Secrets". The secrets she shared could really be for anyone and I was intrigued, so I thought I would share.
1. Instead of using pore strips for your nose, spread Elmer’s glue across your nose, let it dry and peel it off. It is supposed to remove all blackheads. I remember putting glue on my fingers when I was little and then peeling it off, so I could actually see this working.
2. The next tip was something called a “belly band” that celebs supposedly use after having a baby or when they have packed on a few pounds. It is supposed to make the stomach muscles remember where they were pre-weight gain and get you back in shape faster.
3. Next was an at home facial treatment made of graham flour, crushed/peeled cucumber and egg white or Vegenaise. You are to mix the ingredients together and it makes your skin glow. The graham flour works as an exfoliant, the cucumber as an astringent and the egg white or Vegenaise as a moisturizer.
4. Beer is supposed to be great for your hair (I’ve heard this one before). The hops help give natural volume to your tresses. You can pour a bottle on your head in the shower, work through and then rinse out and shampoo/condition as normal.
5. Last, if you have leftover wine from a party you pour it in the tub and use it as a soak. It is supposed to soften and plump your skin.
The best part of this segment was that the author did all of these tips/tricks as she was talking about them and was super energetic. She was really fun! By the end of the segment she had paste on her face, the homemade skin concoction on, the belly band around her waist, beer dripping from her hair and ended up in the tub of wine.
I may give one or two of these ideas a try!