My mom came over for dinner last week and I made this Paula Deen recipe for her and Geof. It was a hit and I was quite impressed with myself. I get compliments on my cooking from time to time, but not like this. I think this is a perfect fall dish, since it's so hearty. It doesn't have the healthiest ingredients, but it is a nice indulgence to have once in awhile. I may try substituting turkey bacon, low fat cheese, etc. next time just to see how it turns out.
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
1 pound ground chuck
10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar, grated
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup bread crumbs, toasted
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1 (3-ounce) can French fried onions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck and next 8 ingredients, mixing well.
3. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.
4. Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over loaf. Bake 40 minutes.
5. Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
Getting ready to cook
Mixing up the main ingredients
Ready for the oven
Dinner is served!