Friday, January 20, 2012

The Nail Files – Week 3

I’m a little late to the party on this one, but glad to be playing along! Nail polish is one of my favorite things and it’s always fun to share what shades I’m loving and to also see what everyone else is wearing.

Tara and Vicki are hosting this. Please visit their blogs and join in on the fun!



We’re expecting snow and it’s been freezing, so I decided to brighten my mood with a light polish. This shade is called Crinoline and comes from the Tracy Reese Fall 2011 Collection for the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line.


Crinoline

It’s a creamy, opaque whitish pink that covers well with two coats. The first one is a bit streaky, but everything smoothes out with the 2nd. I have to say that I really love this color. It reminds me of a bit of Mod About You from OPI, but it’s lighter. Colors like this always look classy and fit just about any occasion.

As a base, I used Sally Hansen Advanced Hard As Nails and for a top coat, I used INM – Out The Door Super Fast Drying Top Coat. This is my first time using the INM and I have to say that I’m impressed. My nails didn’t dry quite as fast as they do with Seche Vite, but INM doesn’t have the horrible smell and dangerous chemicals that Seche Vite has. They’re just as shiny as when I use Seche Vite and the extra minute or two of drying time was not a problem.


Base, Polish and Top Coat

I hope you all have a great weekend!

15 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I love this color! It's very Jules!!

Does the top coat prevent your nails from chipping? I haven't found anything that actually works for me :(

jessica said...

That is such a pretty color on you..and it matches your blog!! :)I really need to try this Seche Vite that everyone keeps talking about!

Amanda said...

Love this color. I've been wearing sparkly lately but think this would be a perfect change!!
Happy Friday!
Manda
www.forloveofacupcake.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Pretty!

I use that same topcoat and then use these wonderful OPI for Sephora drops that make my nails dry rfaster than just using the topcoat alone. I need fast drying with a baby lol

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I love that color! Just enough color. Very simple and classic.

Courtney said...

so pretty! i wish i had nails to paint! i'm 26 and i still have the crappy nails of a 6 year old. i need to stop messing with them. Ha!

C said...

I love that shade! I need a really good top coat. I'll have to look into those.

Kristen said...

i'm definitely going to pick this up on my next target run, it's gorg

erica said...

Oh my word I am loving this color and will definitely be picking it up! xo

Cara said...

I really like this color...these shades don't look the best on me, but love them on everyone else!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Gorgeous mani lady!

Gwen said...

I totally see this being your signature color!!! I really need to get my butt in gear on using all my colors! Maybe starting February 1st. :)

Hope you are having a great week!!!

Unknown said...

I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post....
wholesale Jewelry

James David said...

Very nicely explained. Thank you for the great article.
convert jpg to pes

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing such a informative blog cheap freight services