I saw this on Heather’s blog and thought I would do it too. I think it had some good questions to help me think and reflect on the past year.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? I got married
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I made a semi-resolution to lose weight and that didn’t really happen. I have some new resolutions for this year along with getting healthier overall (this includes losing weight).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My cousin Kris had a baby girl, Avery; my other cousin Melissa had a baby boy, Luke
4. Did anyone close to you die? No and I am so thankful for that.
5. What countries did you visit? I went to Playa del Carmen, Mexico for our Honeymoon.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Less stress and more time to focus on hobbies and doing things that make me happy.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 3rd, 2008 – our wedding day!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Planning my dream wedding. I know that's probably a pretty shallow achievement, but it was a lot of work, and it totally paid off (I am taking Heather’s answer here because I feel the same).
9. What was your biggest failure? Not sticking to financial goals.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not anything serious. I did have to go to the ER in the summer because I burned my fingertips pretty bad being a dummy and doing too many things at once and grabbing a pan of 425 degree garlic bread out of the oven without a mitt. Ouch!
11. What was the best thing you bought? I would say the wedding and honeymoon. I know it’s not really a thing, but it’s the best money spent all year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My Mother. She is a selfless and wonderful person. I thank god everyday that I have someone like her on my side.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Someone who I thought was a true friend showed her true colors. It was a slap in the face and something I never expected.
14. Where did most of your money go? The wedding and gas (at almost $4.00/gallon).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting married, going on a honeymoon and all of the fun before the wedding (shower, bachelorette party). Sorry so many answers are wedding related, but unfortunately that was a big focus in 2008.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? “I Kissed a Girl” by Katy Perry. It’s sad, but true. That song will remind me of what a fun summer I had. It seemed to be on all the time when I was at the pool or out having fun with friends.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Happier. b) thinner or fatter? About the same. I have stayed within the same 5 lb. range. c) richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish that I had relaxed more and not let the wedding stress me out so much. I wish I made more “me” time. I know it sounds a little selfish but I could have really used it last year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Wedding planning/researching/stressing! It all turned out fine like everyone said it would. I was obsessed at times and I regret that.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my mom and Geof and then we went to see my extended family on my mom’s side.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Nope, that was in 2005.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Lipstick Jungle
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't really "hate" anyone, but there is one person I dislike that I did not dislike this time last year.
24. What was the best book you read? Twilight
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Imogen Heap. I love the song “The Moment I Said It”
26. What did you want and get? Pink BlackBerry. New Coach bag.
27. What did you want and not get? Tile flooring in the kitchen and bathrooms. Maybe this year that will happen?
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Forgetting Sarah Marshall had me laughing like no other movie.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? It was my 30th!! We got some friends together and acted like big kids and went to Dave & Buster’s for some games & drinks.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Satisfying…I can’t think of anything. My life is far from perfect, but 2008 was a pretty good year for me.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? My fashion concept was the same as always. Bold colors were “in” last summer and I got a few trendy things. I am pretty much a plain Jane and wear a lot of solids. I get more creative with accessories and handbags than I do with clothes. If I am going with something trendy, I try to shop smart because it might be out of style the next season.
32. What kept you sane? Having great friends that are always there for me to help or listen when I need to vent. You know who you are!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Very juvenile of me and it’s not a real person, but the character Edward Cullen. He is one hot vampire! I am a nerd, this I know!
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The entire election was insane, our country falling into a recession, the war in Iraq, gas prices, Philadelphia budget crisis. I’ll just stop.
35. Who did you miss? I realized how much I missed my dad when he came up to spend time with us before and during the wedding. He lives in South Carolina with my stepmom and it made me recognize that I need to make it a priority to see him more often. He is a wonderful man and a good father and I have let a lot of time go by without seeing him.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Geof’s half-brother. He is hysterical and a wonderful person. I am glad he’s in our life.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. I learned that you cannot control things outside of your own world. Accept that and life gets a lot simpler.