Last week, I made a recipe from the Biggest Loser cookbook. It was Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf and it was tasty! I added a little extra hot sauce to spice it up and give it a bit more flavor. It thought it turned out really well.
Olive Oil Spray
2/3 c. Old-fashioned oats
1/2 c. Fat-free milk
2 1/2 Tbsp buffalo wing sauce, or more to taste
1 pound extra-lean, ground chicken breast
1/2 c. Finely chopped celery
1/4 c. Shredded carrot
1/4 c. Finely chopped sweet onion
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1/4 tsp. salt
2 oz. Crumbled reduced-fat blue cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a 9x5 loaf pan with olive oil spray (I use my misto for this).
2. Combine the oats and milk in a medium mixing bowl and stir to mix. Let standfor 3 minutes, or until the oats begin to soften.
3. Stir in the wing sauce until well mixed.
4. Add the chicken, celery, carrot, onion, egg whites and salt. With a fork orclean hands, mix the ingredients well.
5. Add the blue cheese and gently mix to combine.
6. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and spread so that the top is flat. Bakefor 35 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and nolonger pink. Cut into 8 slices and serve immediately.
I didn’t have a loaf pan, so I formed it the best I could with a baking pan. It was very filling and even with my mom over for dinner, we had plenty of leftovers.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 263 calories, 6 g fat, 74 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.