Friday, April 23, 2010

VH1 Best Cruise Ever – Day 4

This was our last full day on the ship, so we had to make it count. It was the first day that we actually slept in, but it turned out to be a good thing since we stayed up until about 4 AM. Once we got up, we grabbed lunch and then met up with Jessica, Amanda, Chad and Amy on the Lido Deck for some drinks. SafetySuit was setting up for an acoustic set on the Lido Deck stage and we were headed that way to get a good spot near the stage when Geof spotted Brad Arnold from 3 Doors Down walking the same way and grabbed a pic. The funny thing is that Geof though I was way behind him, but it turns out that I hopped in the pic right on cue. Geof didn’t realize I was in it until he looked through his camera. That was good for a few laughs.


Cockatil of the day!


My sidler pic with Geof and Brad Arnold from 3 Doors Down

SafetySuit took the stage around 1:30 PM and about halfway into their set, it started to pour down rain. This actually made things more exciting on a hot afternoon. I was soaked and didn’t let that stop us from having fun for one second, we even made our way right up front when some others took cover. Towards the end of the set, Doug (lead singer) left the stage and went to jump in the pool. It made for some good photos. After they were done, we caught up with our friends Liz and Josh and then went to say “Hi” to the SafetySuit guys and get some pics.


SafetySuit taking the stage...you can see the dark clouds coming in


My girls Amanda and Jessica


Found this pic from someone else. I'm right up front with my hands in the air


Here comes the rain


Doug taking the plunge


Nice


Us with Dave


Me with Chico


Us with Doug

The cruise crew (Geof, me, Amanda, Jessica, Amy and Chad) went to get a late afternoon snack and then Geof, Jessica and I went up to top deck to tackle the giant waterslide. It was awesome and much faster than I expected it to be. Geof and Jes begged me to go down because they didn’t it once without me and I finally went up. I wanted to do it 100 times after that. Will from Parachute even came up and was right behind me to head down the slide. We had a blast!


Ready to tackle the slide!

After the slide, Geof and I hopped in the pool with Steve and Cathy to catch some of the 3 Doors Down acoustic set. It was a good way to get a good seat and refreshing at the same time. We were getting tired and a little chilly, so we headed inside to change and then Geof wanted sushi. We met up with Amanda and Jessica again and later grabbed dinner in the Mardi Gras dining room. It was so much fun laughing with those ladies. They’re awesome!

After dinner, it was time to get ready for the last two big concerts and we headed to The Paris Lounge to meet-up with Amy and Chad. They held our place again and we were so thankful for that. We ended up in just about the same spot as we were the night before and had an awesome view of the Carolina Liar show. When Chad started “Show Me What I’m Looking For”, Jason Wade from Lifehouse came out and sang along with him. It was a great moment. After Carolina Liar left the stage, Lifehouse came on to do their set and they sounded amazing live in the bigger venue on the ship.


Carolina Liar with Jason from Lifehouse


Jason Wade

After the show, we headed back to our room to freshen up and then met up with our cruise crew. We went into the disco for a little while (don’t know why they still call it a disco) and then took the party outside the disco and hung on the Promenade Deck being silly, dancing and singing songs. We ended the night on the Lido Deck with one last ice cream cone before headed off to our cabin for the last night on the ship.


Geof with the guitar player from Shinedown and Nic Cowan


The Cruise Crew!

This was a trip that I will never forget. Thank you to all of the great people we met on this vacation (Chad, Amy, Jessica, Amanda, Steve, Cathy, Josh and Liz). We made lots of memories and it would not have been the same without you! Thank you also to my readers for hanging in there for all of these recaps.

P.S. I will announce the winner of the flat iron giveaway on Monday night. I’m still getting all of the entries together.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip Jules!

Katie said...

I still can't get over how much you got to interact with the musicians!

living well said...

Everything looks like so much fun!! I'm so happy you had such a great trip! :)

Gina said...

This trip seems to be right up your alley! Love all the photos!

Ashley said...

Looks like you had fun!

We just got off the Carnival Dream and had a great time! Keep an eye out for my recaps soon.

Mrs Anne said...

Your trip looks like an absolute wonderful time... meeting great friends, seeing some amazing music and getting some R & R.

You look amazing my friend.

:) thanks for sharing it with me/us!

xo

Beth Dunn said...

So fun!
xoxo
SC

Rhiannon Bosse said...

What a super fun trip! The fiance and I were talking about our honeymoon today and how badly we could use a vacay. This just reassures our thoughts haha great pics gf :)

Anonymous said...

Not only have you done a fabulous job posting about the trip, your pictures are fabtastic! Thank you for sharing all of the fun with us!
tp

Brown Girl said...

That seriously looks like the best time ever, I've never been on a cruise but I hear they are amazing! I can't believe all the cool people you got to meet, so fun!!

Tasha said...

So So SO Awesome! What a fun trip! You guys picked a great cruise!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aww such great pictures! I love that you named the group "cruise crew"--super cute!

What an eventful four days! Doesn't sound like the trip could have gotten any better at all. It's kinda symbolic that it rained the last day. Kind of like your pouring everything you have left into a memorable experience. Or maybe I am just way too cheesy haha!

Glad you had a blast. I really enjoyed reading these posts =D

Jen said...

Girl, I am soooo jealous!! Not only because of the cruise, but because of 3 Doors Down!! You're so lucky! Oh how I love those boys ;-) Keep the pictures coming... more please!!

Gwen said...

I am so jealous of your super fun time!!! And...um...of that drink too. LOL!!! XOXO

Kate said...

I am so jealous of your cruise (especially that water slide-I love water slides). So many fun bands and great concerts!