Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend recap

Friday, Geof got back from a week long business trip and I couldn’t wait to see him. It’s been awhile since he’s been gone that long and I missed him like crazy. We went shopping at the mall and then came home and made tacos for dinner. We relaxed the rest of the night and caught up on some shows.

Ridiculous 80’s stuff I got for the cruise

Saturday, I cleaned the house and then Kristen and Sean came over for our double date night. She brought me mini cupcakes from Cupcakes Gourmet, which was incredibly sweet. We were going to Delaware for the SafetySuit concert and stopped at a pub nearby called, McGlynn’s. It was in a beautiful spot right on the water. We had a few drinks, got some apps and had some laughs. We left from there and headed to Wesley College for the concert and we’re surprised to find that it was taking place outdoors. Half the money from the tickets went to the Make-A-Wish foundation, so I thought that was really nice. The opening band was just finishing up and then SafetySuit came on. They were fantastic and we had an awesome time.

Cuppycakes from Kristen

Us at the concert

SafetySuit

Dave posing for the camera

Doug

Chico their tour manager playing a song on the guitar

After the concert, we headed back to PA, but on the way we noticed a Sonic. I’ve never been to one, so we stopped in and I had my first Route 44 diet coke (with cherries) and a cheeseburger. I thought the Route 44 diet coke was some special thing, but now I realize that it’s just the size of the soda, which was huge. Geof and I shared it and I loved the fact that it had crushed ice.

When we got back to our neck of the woods, we went to a bar around us called McBride’s for our friend Kelly’s 30th birthday. It was nice to see everyone and celebrate. Our friend Cory even made it out. We hadn’t seen him in forever, so it was nice to catch up.

Kel's 30th

Lauren, Kel, me, Kris

Sunday, I slept in late, did a bit of work and relaxed the rest of the afternoon. I made yummy chili for dinner and then Geof and I took the dogs for an extended walk, since the weather was nice. Overall, we had a fabulous weekend!

24 comments:

Mrs Anne said...

you my dear are gorgeous.
that 80's stuff is ridiculously AWESOME!
those cupcakes look delicious.
AND... i'm glad you had a great weekend!
p.s. crushed ice=heaven!

Jill said...

Congrats on your first Route 44 Diet Coke. Did you notice the ice? It's the perfect size... Sonic even sells bags of their ice. Yum, I love it.

As always, you have the most fun weekends! Glad y'all enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

You lost me at cupcakes.

Just kidding ;-) It sounds like another awesome weekend Jules!!

Melissa said...

Glad you had a nice weekend! I am DYING to try Sonic! They're building on in CT, but it's way on the other side of the state and would take me about 2 hours to get to! Hopefully they build one closer to me someday!

I love the 80's stuff you bought and can't wait to see the whole outfit together!

AndreaLeigh said...

I've had sonic for years and never realized what the Route 44 was! I always ordered the large and thought I was getting the Route 44. It was only recently that I said "Route 44" and was totally taken aback when I got a boat for a drink.

You look fabulous! I can totally tell you've been working out.

Poolside with the Girls said...

I'm craving cupcakes now!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

What a fun weekend, I am obsessed with all your fun 80's gear. You are going to look so cute. Cupcakes look delish and HOLY WOW girlfriend you look AMAZING! Loving your curly hair too XOXOXO :)

Annie said...

sounds like such a fun weekend!!
love all the pictures! you look so pretty girly!
those cupcakes look amazing, i have never seen such cute yummy cupcakes in my area, boo.
have a great day hun!!

Katie said...

those cupcakes look amazing!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Those shoes are amazing!! And cupcakes....Yummy!!!

Cheers!

Gwen said...

What a fun weekend!!! I love the 80s stuff you bought!!! You are going to have so much fun!!! The cupcakes look delicious and there is something so special about a mini cupcake!! You my friend are looking fabulous!!! XOXO

Tasha said...

How fun! I'm glad you tried Sonic! Get a lemon berry slush sometime. Yummy! I love your 80's stuff for the cruise!

MCW said...

Are you guys going on the cruise with friends? or just the 2 of you?
I have never been to Sonic either!

Brittany Ann said...

You are looking teeny! Hot hot hot!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You're the concert goin' queen lady! LOVIN' the 80s garb!

CIP said...

Love the 80's stuff! I am def. going on a cruise in a month now too and I can't wait!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hey beauty - back to tell you to come on over, I have an award for you!

Beth Dunn said...

Those heels are to die for!
xoxo
SC

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Yay you got your 80s attire! Super cute! I'd totally wear that with my day-to-day outfits haha!

You had a busy night, lady! Sounds like a blast. You must be centrally located to a lot of different places, that's really cool.

And those cupcakes...omg...!!!

The countdown has begun for the cruise! Less than 4 full days =)

Lacey said...

Those cupcakes look amazing!! I am so addicted to Sonic...there are so many things there you must try! In Louisiana we had Sonics in every town but here in Tampa they are few and far between. You would think that would make me give up my addiction, but instead I will drive an hour just to get a cherry limeade and chili cheese tots.

P.S. I'm LOVING your 80's cruise stuff....how fun!!

Melissa Miller said...

You had a wonderful weekend Jules!
You look so happy and pretty. The clothes are precious and boy do those cupcakes ever look delish. Yum-O!

Have a great week. ~Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great weekend, the concert must have been just outstanding.

Meanwhile yours truly is sitting here drooling over the cuppycakes - yumalicious!
tp

The Pink Chick said...

What a fun weekend, and I must say those cupcakes look divine.

ACL said...

oh just saw safetysuit in boston, great nite out! Looks like you had a fabulous time ;)