Sunday, December 7, 2008

Legally Blonde: The Musical

Geof took me to see Legally Blonde: The Musical on Friday night and it was fantastic! I have always loved the movie and thought it would be fun to go see the musical. He was a little less than thrilled to go see something so girly, but he was a good sport and enjoyed himself. I was surprised that a lot of couples were there.
We started the night out at one of our favorite restaurants called Jones. They basically serve all different kinds of upscale comfort food. For instance, you can get baked mac ‘n cheese as an appetizer. That is definitely my kind of place. We shared the mac ‘n cheese and then I had a grilled cheese and tomato soup and he had a turkey club. We shared a side of boursin mashed potatoes, which were so good. For dessert, we shared a slice of peanut butter pie and it was heavenly.
The show was at the Academy of Music and it was high-energy from beginning to end. I thought it represented the movie very well and the music/songs were very catchy. Bruiser (Elle’s dog) was adorable and the UPS guy had everyone cracking up.
Overall we had such a nice night. This is my first show that I have gone to in a long time and I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing some more often.
Here are some pictures from the night:

Me at Jones having a cocktail
Baked Mac 'n Cheese
Geof and I at the show

4 comments:

University of Iowa Meg said...

What great pictures!! I would love to see it too. Where are you at? I am in Chicago....I wonder if it is here or will be coming here. I STILL haven't seen Wicked :( and I think it stops playing here in January.

Simply Chic said...

It is such a cute show, I went a couple months ago! Love Jones too, YUM!
"Oh my god, oh my god you guys" is constantly stuck in my head!

AndreaLeigh said...

Wow, that would be super fun! I love that movie and I loved when they showed the broadway version on MTV. Did you watch "Legally Blonde: The Search for the Next Elle Woods?"

AndreaLeigh said...

I also wanted to say thanks for becoming a follower of my blog! :)