Monday, December 15, 2008

Productive weekend and recap

Friday I came home from work and Geof, the dogs and I went to Rosetree Park for the Festival of Lights. It was really pretty and got me in the spirit. We saw another couple in the park that had a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel like ours’ and we were chatting with them. It was fun talking to them about their dog and the similarities in the breed. His name was Murphy and he was adorable. I wish I remembered my camera!
Saturday we had the holiday party at the ice rink and it was lovely. So many students and parents came out and brought some great food and drinks. The kids had a nice time and so did we. I swear the spread of food gets bigger each year. We left there very full even after an afternoon of skating.
From the rink we went straight to the mall and then Target to do some more Christmas shopping and get wrapping paper. The mall wasn’t half as insane as I thought it would be.
Yesterday, we went to Linvilla Orchards and got our Christmas tree. They take you out to the farm on a hayride and you get to walk around and select your own tree and chop it down. Once you chop it, you tag it and then ride back to the main area. Once you get there you can drink warm apple cider and toast marshmallows by the campfire. It is the perfect ending after getting the tree.
Once we got the tree, we came back to the house and put it up. We did the lights and then decorated it and the rest of the house. By the end of the day I was exhausted and still am today. I love the holidays, but they’re definitely tiring! Here are some pics from around the house:

Our tree - I still think it could use some more ornaments
Console table
My grandma's china cabinet that my dad gave to us and my hodge podge of decorations on top
Christmas village

No comments: