Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Night out at the Sixers game

Last night Geof took me to the Sixers game against the Utah Jazz. Kyle Korver who used to play for the Sixers is on the Jazz now and I loved when he played for us. When he came onto the court, there was a mixed reaction of cheers and jeers (I was cheering of course). I have to admit, I don’t know much about basketball, but I love watching it live. There is never a dull moment and we had a nice time. Geof got a ticket package, so it looks like I’ll be going some more games this season. It will make for some nice date nights in the slow and cold winter months.

Okay, back to Kyle. I got to meet him after one of the games in ’06 and he was so nice. I wish by some miracle he could come back to the Sixers. There are a lot of guys that play professional sports that aren’t very nice. He was a great role model in Philly and did a lot of charity work. Last night when the game was finished (the Jazz won), Kyle went over to his old team and joined them in the huddle. I thought that was very cool of him.

I’ll stop gushing now! Here is a pic from the night I met him:
Here is one that I just like:

No comments: