Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving recap

We went to my Aunt & Uncle's for Thanksgiving (as we always do) and it was fantastic! There are 2 new babies in the family and this is their first Thanksgiving. The day was wonderful and the food was delicious. We started the day with great conversation and caught up over drinks and dips. My cousin made this excellent sausage dip with peppers, onions and cream cheese. I need to get the recipe. There was none left. Dinner was yummy and we had so much. There was turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, salad, dinner rolls, corn, cranberries. etc. There was pumpkin, pecan and apple pie for dessert. It was a lot of food and we left very full and tired!
I have to give my aunt a ton of credit. She has hosted Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember and makes it special every year. We have a big family and being an only child, it's nice to have my cousins to bond with around the holidays. There is always a sense of togetherness and I appreciate that she brings us together every year.
Reflecting on the past year, I have a lot to be thankful for. I married the most wonderful man, who is so good to me. It may sound corny, but I do feel blessed and lucky to have him in my life. I have the best mother who would do anything for me, as I would for her. I have great friends who I can trust and have so many good times with. Last but not least, I am thankful that no matter hard things get (and we all know they do), somehow, someway - things have a way of working themselves out.

Here are some pics from Thanksgiving:

Ready for dinner

My cousin Melissa and her son Luke

Luke

My cousin Kris' daughter Avery

No comments: