Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday!

Happy Mardi Gras! In celebration of the holiday, I have a fun story that I thought I would share. Four years ago on this day (or whatever date it fell on then), I was supposed to be in New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras with my friend, Katie. When our travel agent booked the trip, she made a tiny mistake and got the week wrong. We were booked for the week after! Can you believe that? Needless to say, we went right back to our agent and complained. In the end it all worked out. We were upgraded to a first class flight to and from, given a better hotel room at The Sheraton and given a free dinner at the Commander’s Palace. In all honestly, I think it would have been too out of control for me the week of Mardi Gras and it was probably a blessing in disguise.

We had a wonderful time when we did get there and the city of New Orleans is a beautiful place. It is rich with culture and history and there was a ton to do. We went to Bourbon St. most nights and met some really cool people. During the day, we went to places like St. Louis Cathedral, the aquarium, Saks, etc.

It was a beautiful place and I would love to visit again one day.


Us at Pat O'Brien's

7 comments:

Simply Chic said...

What I wouldn't give for some Cafe du Monde beignets right now!

Lindsey said...

How fun! I want to go so bad!

Jill said...

How fun! Gotta love free upgrades!

Tasha said...

What a fun story! I love New Orleans and all that good food! I recognize that fountain in the pic! Those Pat O'Brien's hurricanes are STRONG! ;-)

5th Belle Avenue said...

I'm so glad they fixed their mistake!! So fun that you got to go!

AndreaLeigh said...

i've never been to new orleans and it is definately on the list on places to see. i wish i could have experienced pre-katrina.... i've heard it is not the same.

DietCokeStraightUp said...

That sounds like a blast!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I added your to my google reader! Can't wait to read more!