Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Vegas Trip – Day 4 – Valentine’s Day

Geof finished work early today and we met with his co-workers for brunch at The Bellagio. It was a champagne brunch and probably had more food than I have ever seen at a buffet. They had everything from made to order omelets to sushi. It was unbelievable. The champagne was decent for being complimentary and I ended up getting a nice tall glass of orange juice to make mimosas! After we were done eating, we stayed and chatted with his boss and his wife for awhile. We had a nice time.

After brunch, we went to Caesar’s again for slots and shopping. I got to pick out my Valentine’s Day present and I chose the Damier Azur Speedy 30 from Louis Vuitton. I love this bag and am very grateful for this gift. This will definitely be the last big purchase for some time.

We came back to the hotel and took a nap before it was time to get ready to go out for our Valentine’s Day date night. We got ready and headed to Prime for our 5:30pm reservation. This restaurant is simply beautiful and so elegant. The décor was chocolate brown and tiffany blue. The view out the windows was of the fountains and Lake Bellagio. It was so nice to see the fountain show from the ground level. Dinner was fantastic! We started with cream of tomato soup and got spicy macaroni and cheese as a side. For dinner, I had the 8oz. filet mignon and Geof had the bone-in rib eye. For sides we ordered truffle mashed potatoes and gratin potatoes. Our meal ranks up there with one of the 5 best I have ever had. Even the bread was amazing. They gave us an assortment of pretzel rolls, sourdough and cinnamon with dark walnuts.

After dinner, we went to see “O” the Cirque du Soleil show. It was phenomenal. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. It was over a large pool of water and the performers were fabulous. It was a combination of synchronized swimming, diving, aerial acts and contortionists. We were seated in the 2nd row and could see everything. We even got splashed a few times. I give the performers so much credit. They work hard and are extremely talented. It was beautiful and a great way to end the night.

I’m blogging from the airport and it’s now day 5. We are on our way back home to Philadelphia shortly. All in all it was a great trip and I can’t wait to come back. There is so much to do in Vegas and we really enjoyed ourselves. I do miss the dogs and cannot wait to get home and see them!

*I’ve been home since Sunday and I’m finally getting around to posting


Me after shopping at Caesar’s


Valentine's Day dinner at Prime


Cream of tomato soup


Macaroni and cheese

8oz. Filet mignon

13 comments:

Tasha said...

Another perfect day in Vegas! I LOVE THAT PURSE!!! The pic of you with your Louis shopping bag is SO Sex and the City! Very cute!

Lis said...

I haven't been online in a few days and I was so excited to get on and read about your Vegas trip!! It looks like such an amazing time with the hubby!!

I LOVE the purse - SO nice!!! And the food and sights just look amazing!! What a perfect way to spend time together over Valentine's day!!

Melissa Miller said...

Soooo awesome!
Lucky couple! :)

Me in Memphis said...

Yum, look at all the food! And that's so great about the purse!! I have walked down that hall in Bellagio with all the fancy stores a dozen times but I've never been brave enough to go in. I never feel cool enough :)

Bonnie said...

Wow...that food looks fabulous! I've never been to Prime before. I'm glad you liked "O". I think our seats were on the 12th or 13th row when we went. My friend got one on the 3rd row & she was in the "splash zone" (or something like that) haha. I hope ya'll come back soon & we can get together!

Jill said...

Whooo... I love your new purse!!!

Lindsey said...

Fabulous!!! That mac and cheese looks delish!

d.a.r. said...

Oh my gosh, what a FUUUUNNN trip you guys had! I am dying of envy over here! Gorgeous purse :)

Seaside Prep said...

love vegas shopping and nightlife! So glad you enjoyed yourself!! gorgeous purse!!

CIP said...

Mmmm! Now I really want some filet. So jealous of your shopping!

AndreaLeigh said...

oooh! congrats on your LV! sounds like a perfect trip.

i've tagged you!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

That soup looks delicious! Just found your blog while browsing another... :)

Aliya said...

YUM, that meal looks delicious!