Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shecky’s Girls Night Out

My friend Krystie and I went to an event tonight in Philadelphia at The Crystal Tea Room called Shecky’s Girls Night Out. It’s an event that’s held in several cities about two times per year and such a good time. This is our second time going. Basically you pay $12.50 and that gets you into the event (my friend got comp tickets, so it was free). It's a night full of shopping and complimentary cocktails. With your admission you also get a “goodie bag” filled with fun things.

Whoever thought of the idea is a genius. Cocktails + shopping = $$ made. They have everything from jewelry, clothing and handbags to spa centers and home goods. I was good and only bought a necklace and cupcakes. I adore the building that the event is held in. It’s the old Wanamaker building where the movie Mannequin was filmed. I loved that movie growing up. Here are some pics from the night.


Yummy cupcakes from a shop near hubby's job. Chocolate Mint, Chocolate, Vanilla and Cappuccino mini cupcakes.

Leaf necklace dipped in rose gold. I love the natural look of it.


Shecky's "goodie bag"

Contents of "goodie bag". There was a ton inside!

18 comments:

Jill said...

What a fabulous night! I love the necklace, the cupcakes look so yummy, and who doesn't love a great goodie bag!

Bonnie said...

That sounds like so much fun! And, those cupcakes look delish.

They put condoms in your bag? Haha...

Charlee said...

OMG I NEED A CUPCAKE

Simply Chic said...

Thats awesome, I've always wanted to go to one of these. Thanks for sharing. I love that necklace, gorgeous!

5th Belle Avenue said...

Ohh I've always wondered what SJP's scents smell like! I'll definitely check out 'Lovely' this weekend. Thank you for the tip!

PS. Those cupcakes look PHENOMENAL!!

5th Belle Avenue said...

Ohh I've always wondered what SJP's scents smell like! I'll definitely check out 'Lovely' this weekend. Thank you for the tip!

PS. Those cupcakes look PHENOMENAL!!

Lis said...

What a great night!! And those cupcakes look TO DIE FOR!!

The necklace is so beautiful too!

Jaded Jill said...

That sounds fun and those cupcakes look DELISH!

Tasha said...

That necklace is so pretty! What an awesome goodie bag!

Lindsey said...

That sounds like the perfect night!!

Anonymous said...

I like the leaf necklace. I just went to their site and was bummed to see that Seattle was not on their list. I did suggest it to them though...hope they listen because this sounds like fun!!

Bridget said...

That looks awesome! And midly wrong...haha!

I could just see it now...

"Here's some alcohol and oh look, pretty things to buy!" And we all know that credit cards become play toys that aren't attached to real bank accounts when you've had a little too much to drink.
"200 dollars!? That's it! I'll take 3!"

Yeah.
Haha, you did well though!!

Megan said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Oh the vibrating ring--that's funny!!

Lacey said...

Those cupcakes look amazing! And what a gorgeous necklace...sounds like it was a great night!

Mrs. Ruby said...

How fun! Oh and those cupcakes look so delicious!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my god, those cupcakes look amazing. As in, I need a cupcake like that, right now.

Simply Chic said...

I Left you something over at my blog ;-)

AndreaLeigh said...

that sounds like so much fun. that goodie bag is packed. let me know how you like the say yes to carrots stuff. LOVE the necklace.