Friday, February 13, 2009

Vegas Trip - Day 1

We got up at 5:00 am to get ready and go to the airport. Everything went smoothly until we got on the plane. We sat on the runway for over an hour. First there was a problem with the communication system and then we needed to go back to the gate and get more fuel. Let’s just say that I get antsy and don’t do so well on long plane rides, especially when the passenger in the seat in front of me has their seat back the entire time. I had no room and I was so annoyed. I’ve never been so happy to get off of a plane in my life. I got to see some great views of the Rocky Mountains and some canyons, so that was a plus.

We met up with Geof’s boss and arrived at The Bellagio. We were given a room in the Spa Tower which overlooks the front of the hotel and you can see The Fountains, Paris, Bally’s and Planet Hollywood. The view is very beautiful. Our room is also much nicer than I expected. The bathroom is huge and we have a nice glass shower and Jacuzzi tub. Nice!

Geof had some work things to do, so I took a little nap. The time zone change affected me more than I thought it would. I feel so off. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little easier. Geof and I met up with his co-workers for a light lunch/dinner at Café Bellagio. It wasn’t anything fancy, but the food was decent. After dinner Geof and I split up again and I explored the hotel.

First, I took some pics inside of the botanical gardens, lobby and gelato spot. I then decided I’d try my luck with the slots and I won $30 and stopped. I’m not one to press my luck. Maybe tomorrow I’ll be a little more daring. I then went to the shops and visited Fendi, Hermes, Gucci and Chanel. It was heavenly and depressing all in one. The sales associates were very friendly and not what I expected at all. Sometimes you go into shops like that and they don’t treat you very nice. Last, I went to the spa and scheduled an appointment for a manicure tomorrow. I’m excited for that.

Geof, his co-worker and I met at Café Gelato because we were dying to try one. I had a mixture of dulce de leche and chocolate…so good! They had so many mouth watering pastries. We then visited the gift shop and now I’m in my room feeling like its 12:30am when it’s really only 9:30am. Wow!


The view from our room


The Botanical Gardens in The Bellagio


The ceiling of the lobby in The Bellagio

7 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Ack, now I want to go back to Vegas! I hope you have a wonderful time :)

Linda said...

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to stay at the Bellagio!

Sandra said...

Fun, fun!! Hope you win a million tomorrow ;-)

Me in Memphis said...

Awesome view!!! I've stayed in the Spa Tower but we faced the back, towards the mountains. I would have loved to have that view!

Tasha said...

I love the Chihuli exhibit on the ceiling in the Bellagio! Reading this post made me want Gellato! :-)

AndreaLeigh said...

wow, girl, your trip sounds divine! good eats, touristy stuff, and shopping - what could be better? I'm glad you were able to find that gap coverup that you wanted.

Anonymous said...

The conservatory is my absolute favorite thing about Bellagio!!